Thursday, January 2, 2014

Theme Word 2014: SEEK


Last year my word was abide - the perfect word for last year.  I had a hard time knowing what was the right word for this year.  I prayed about peace, grace, steadfast, seek, etc.  I read my posts from last year.  I read a lot of scripture to hear how God might be leading me.  And I kept coming back to SEEK.

I like it because it is active.  Last year I felt like God wanted me to rest and abide with him.  This year I need to be more active seeking after Him.  I want to be Sara seeking after God's Own Heart.  Seeking after His Word.  Seeking ways to serve Him.  Seeking after my children's hearts and husband's heart.  Seeking with all my heart.  Seeking justice and peace.

I spent a quiet night last night reading scripture about seeking God.  There was much to glean! 

I will start with just one or two today scriptures and post throughout the year on other passages.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Psalm 9:10
Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Psalm 105:4
Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always.

Psalm 119:10
I seek you will all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.

This reminds me of when Jesus says, if you love me you will obey my commands.  (John 14:15)

and ...

Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Lord, I will seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment