Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Mama Loves (Looking Back)

This was about one year ago.  It goes so fast!
Looking back at old blog posts ... (from 2012)

I love that Lila, at age 7, still wants me to sing to her at bedtime.

I love how Mara likes to tell me all the details of her days.

I love when Cody pats me and says "Mommy" in that reassuring way to himself and when he says, "Hugga," and squeezes me tight.

I love when Kyle says "Hugga" too - which he does.

I love squeals of delight over the simplest things like silly faces or noises, seeing construction vehicles, daddy coming home from work, saying goodnight to the moon, a favorite song or rhyme.

I love when Lila wants me to watch her dance routine.

I love the homemade & spontaneous notes of love from Lila.

I love the thoughtful help around the house from Mara when she sees I'm having a hard day.

I love that Kyle likes to tell all his plans and dreams for his life, and that he wants me to watch his new favorite tv show with him.

I love that the kids know my favorite songs and will call me in to listen to them when the songs are playing.

I love baby feet.

I love seeing who each one is growing to be - the special talents and gifts that God has given them.  And how God put us together to grow us into who he made us to be.

I love how they gently encourage me in ways I need to grow.

I thank God every day for making me their mama!

1 comment:

  1. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete